Sunday, April 12, 2020

Hristos Vaskrse - Christ Is Risen

Nature's cool morning breath soaked in hazy sunlight fills the chartreuse sanctum of woodlands clad in spring regalia and causes my heart to brim with joy of the Resurrection.

Each year I find comfort in the millennia-old  celebration of Easter and take the opportunity to reflect about my spiritual relationship with God. I invite all people of good will to partake in the celebration and welcome the promise of hope, joy, peace and love it holds to sustain hearts in a world filled with chaos. 

Allow me to take leave with a heartfelt Serbian Easter greeting…Христос Васкрсе…Hristos Vaskrse…Christ is Risen!

© Ilija Lukić 2020
(
Note: Serbian Easter is next Sunday IAW the old Julian Calendar) 

Chartreuse Sanctum
(Path to Old Rock Spring Cemetery Church in Pittsboro, North Carolina USA)


No comments:

Post a Comment