Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Choosing Oblivion

Meandering through nearly leafless woodland, I chance upon a motley scattering of leaves flashing winks of approval for their designated role in the fabric of time. I ponder their place on the wheel of life and consignment to oblivion within leaf litter on the forest floor. Turning deaf ear to downhearted musings my heart proposes about such divine decree, I allow mind's eye to explore upbeat parallels in my life by not dwelling on ghosts of lifetime past.


Weather-beaten, out of mind, left behind
Clinging to bare branch of ancestral tree,
Unremembered, yet warily I bear in mind,
When by design oblivious, I'm free!

With many moments of our lives willfully shared, surreptitiously tracked, needlessly documented and often exploited electronically, choosing oblivion to slow accelerating pandemonium of contemporary society unshackles introspection and gives breathing room to the waning art of eye to eye interaction. Such ventures nurture the best qualities of humanity.

© Ilija Lukić 2020

Ghosts Of Lifetime Past
Choosing Oblivion

No comments:

Post a Comment