Monday, January 30, 2023

Chevron Firmament

Sixty-five degrees and nary a breeze encourage a short hike along the sandy shores of Jordan Lake. A motorboat breaks the quietude and rousts a huge flock of geese. While on the wing they sail past Seaforth Point. I hustle forward in the direction of their escape on hopes of catching their descent on the other side of the promontory. When I emerge from the waterside thicket, they somehow vanished. I surmise they flew past the next spit of land visible in the distance.


I am not disappointed. As I pause for a breather I catch sight of a dramatic, chevron-like composition consisting of windswept contrails against blue firmament mirrored in calm lake waters. Said artful layout of reflections draws attention to the beauty of a tree line a stone’s throw away across shallows of a lake arm. The magnificent landscape takes breath away and eases thoughts of more rain and cold days in our forecast.


© Ilija Lukić 2023


Chevron Firmament

No comments:

Post a Comment